Digitisation had a quadruple latte in 2020 and shows no hint of slowing down. In order to monetise the digitise its crucial to productise. Hence why it is becoming more common to see colleagues and alliances announce new jobs at new companies as digitisation is adding more roles in a market where so many have been lost. The competition is on.
Do not let yourself depend fully on automated systems. This is your life we are talking about here. A system is programmed to capture and monitor data and quite a bit more but a system is not trained to listen and be compassionate and intrigued.
At LeapIT we have been incredibly active with our Flagship client and its our pleasure. Directly we are selecting the best and the brightest and filling requirements as requested. Indirectly, we are able to share “human” factors in the hiring process and what’s truly attractive.
So, how to become more attractive, how can you flex your hustle muscle?
· Do your research on the company before your interview please. FYI, best information is on the news page and LinkedIn. There is nothing better than seeing the faces and profiles of your future colleagues and reading recent news announcements.
· Stop lying on your resume, it is a weak move. Double check the dates on your profile because if you do not someone else will.
· Do not cancel your interview an hour before the time. There is an army of Candidates behind you who are just as suitable for this coveted spot.
· Send a thank you note within 24 hours of each interview you have whether you are interested or not, everyone’s time is valuable. Sadly, 90% of Candidates are not sending thank you notes, and the lack of etiquette is concerning. Learn more here.
· Be prepared to share problems you have solved or have addressed even if you are just part of a team assigned to do so. If you cannot express yourself, you are missing out.
· Clearly understand the role before continuing conversations. Is this a contract? What is the duration? Is this Contract to Perm? Perm? Do not change your mind or try to re-organise an opportunity. It doesn’t work and the Rapid Hiring Model (RHM) powered by SCOPE will kill switch you.
· Respond to all inquires within a timely matter. No response could mean someone else’s opportunity.
If you are looking for a Job and plan to flex your hustle muscle, our door is always open for a chat.
For all hiring Managers and Super Connectors, our Leap Royale program is proving to be an enormous success and truly is an on-going trial of setting the right tone for building dream teams together.